Pages

Monday, October 28, 2013

Excitement!

On Saturday, David and his dad worked really hard (David said he's realllllly sore today) on getting our master finished. Some things are still not done, like the bathroom trim. That is on hold because we had to stain more pieces and with the cold, it can take a couple days for them to dry. They'll go in next weekend. I believe by next weekend the whole master suite will be finished. However, we decided to go ahead and put the carpet in anyway so we got to move in on Saturday  night!!! This room is about twice as big as the bedroom we had been living in. We are much less cramped with lots more closet room. It's so nice having carpet and it's really plush (we even got a good deal on it). David and his dad installed it themselves but did rent a hydraulic carpet stretcher because the knee thing wasn't working that well and they were both getting tired. I think they both worked at least a 10 hour day on Saturday so no wonder they're so sore today.

We still have to finish moving in and organizing but David's dad stayed to help us move the heavy stuff like our bed. The rest will probably slowly trickle over this week. Then we need to clean the other room so they can put up the trim and stuff in there (so it wasn't technically finished when we were in that room). So now, our old room will either become the nursery or if we finish the other bedroom in time, that one will (it's closer to our room).

Also, yesterday we helped David's mom clean out some of her fabric. We will go through her fabric closet with the big pieces at a later date but for now, we did the scraps. She had a lot and when she went through them, realized she didn't even like some of them or they weren't of use to her anymore so I got two whole trash bags full! Some of her scraps are not what I would call scraps. I'd say they're at least a quarter yard so they will definitely come in handy! Now I have to sort them into my sorting system so I've been working on that all morning.

I'm also almost done with the blanket I am making for my little brother's birthday. I just have the binding left. I'll try to post pictures and more details when I'm done. I leave on Friday so it'll have to be done by then!

What a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment