Pages

Friday, October 18, 2013

Make Your Own Tracing Table

I have a few books of sewing patterns home from the library. In the back, they are nice enough to give me the patterns but obviously I have to trace them on real paper, not their paper, so I can use them. They aren't the right shape (because they're printed on paper. This is kind of confusing. I mean that it's like drawn on a regular piece of paper so you still have the rest of the paper around the shape) and I can't just cut them out because it's library property so I have to trace them. It was hard to see through my paper (even though I have something similar to tissue paper to trace on). The solution is a tracing table!

Basically, you just need a clear surface that you can shine light through. We happen to have an end table with a glass top and little LED puck lights. I was able to (Okay, David was able to. He set this whole thing up for me.) put my stuff on top of the table and the lights underneath and it works perfectly! Any clear surface will work so if you have leftover glass or plastic from something. And then just shine a light under it. Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment