Pages

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Gnocchi

Hey everyone, sorry I've been gone a couple days. We were having internet issues here. So anyway, a few nights ago I made potato gnocchi. It's two pounds of potatoes, half a cup of flour, two egg yolks, and a pinch of salt. I would give you the recipe (and you can ask for it if you want in the comments) but it didn't turn out how I expected. I've never had gnocchi before (and even have trouble pronouncing it right) but I was told to serve it with pasta sauce. It tasted like mashed potatoes with tomato sauce. It was good but...not really what I was looking for. There is a chance I had too much potato and had the flour ratio wrong then because then measure the potatoes in pounds and I don't have a food scale. But is it supposed to taste like that? Any opinions or suggestions for me? Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment