Pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Ramen Noodles

Because ramen is so cheap, we have a lot of it in our pantry from when we used to eat it all the time. Of course now we realize there are much better things out there (with much less sodium too). However, I have to use these up somehow so I looked for recipes that use them. After much browsing, I sort of came up with my own thing.
Ingredients:

  • shrimp (about 3oz a person)
  • ramen noodles, any variety (one block serves two people)
  • vegetable broth (4 cups per block of ramen)
  • ginger, to taste (I used about a tablespoon and a half)
  • garlic, to taste (I used about two tablespoons)
  • vegetables (I used an entire frozen bag of broccoli and cauliflower and then half a bag of mixed vegetables but you can use whatever vegetables you want. Just make sure you have at least 2 cups)
Note: I don't measure anything, especially spices, when I cook so it's hard to determine how much of something I used.

Directions: While boiling broth, cook vegetables in microwave. When broth boils, add noodles and cook for 3 minutes. Then stir in vegetables, shrimp, and spices and cook for another 2 (ish) minutes (you want everything to be the same temp). Voila. You're done.

I did use one package of seasoning and I had two packs of ramen but I thought even that was too salty so I might take it out next time. Use your best judgment. You know what tastes good. By the end of this, I didn't have that much broth left but it still felt like a soup to me. Of course, you're welcome to use more broth but I thought this was fine. Let me know in the comments what you thought if you end up making it!

No comments:

Post a Comment