Pages

Monday, February 4, 2013

Making Your Own Fast Food

For the past couple weeks, David and I have been obsessed with Taco Bell's crispy potato soft tacos. As cheap as Taco Bell is, we figured it would still be fun to make our own and perhaps then we could make it a little healthier too. We decided that the hardest part was the sauce. Well, after some snooping around on the internet, I found a recipe that looked pretty simple and easy to follow. (If you're interested, I used this recipe.) After that, we made skillet potatoes and then just assembled it all. It was SO easy! If I hadn't found the recipe online, I would've tried to create my own but why create more work for myself when I didn't have to! I am now inspired to try to do this with other things. Depending on the restaurant, it may not be as cost effective (like for Taco Bell because they are so cheap) but keep in mind that you can control the portions and the amount of fat, sodium, etc which makes it a better option if you just keep craving that fast food taste! Have any of you tried to recreate your own fast food dish? Let me know in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment