Pages

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Reusable Pads

I was unsure whether or post about this or not and after a lot of debating, I decided to go for it. My first sewing project since getting married has been to make my own reusable menstrual pads. It's actually a lot easier than one would think (and believe me, I have no sewing experience!). There are many pros to using them and you don't even have to make your own because lots of companies sell them online. However, if you want something more specific to your needs, then the best thing to do is make your own. There are many websites with patterns and tips on what to do but the one I personally found most helpful was this one. On that site, they also do a great job explaining the pros and cons. Once you get past washing them yourself, they can be really nice. Because of all the waste disposables cost, I highly recommend looking into these. Also, if you don't use pads they have reusable cups, sponges, etc on the market that you may be interested in.

No comments:

Post a Comment