Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Organizing My Crafting Supplies



For Christmas, I received a nice tote bag with lots of deep pockets on the outside, sort of like a utility bag (see picture below). I really liked it but I wasn't sure what I was going to do with it. Then as I got more into sewing and buying fabrics, I realized that this would be the perfect place to store it all! My fabrics all fit inside (and I decided that I can't buy  more fabric than that until I use up some of it or have a very specific project in mind. I'm already becoming a fabric hoarder), my pins, threads, and needles have their own compartment, my little travel size iron fits in a pocket (really nice for ironing over seams), etc. I also bought a plastic toolbox/tackle box a few weeks ago and that also works really well for the small stuff. Both the bag and the box keep everything enclosed, portable, and perfectly sorted out and organized! If you're just starting out (like me), or are limited in your space (I've seen some really cool craft rooms on google but not all of us can devote an entire room to a hobby) these are perfect ideas for staying organized.
You can see my mini-iron in the left pocket, my pill bottles with buttons in them, my scissors and hole punch, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment