Pages

Monday, April 8, 2013

Black Bean Dip

Today I was really craving something to dip tortilla chips into but I didn't want anything too heavy because I'm having a late lunch at my sister's house. I don't have much in my house in terms of condiments so anything with sour cream or avocado or anything like that was out. However, I browsed the internet looking for a black bean dip recipe and I sort of combined them all into what I had and my personally tastes.

1 can of black beans, rinsed (to help eliminate more sodium)
1/2 cup chunky salsa (the hotness is up to you. I used mild)
2 tablespoons of lime juice (I don't actually measure so just a couple squirts)
1 tablespoon of cumin (again, just guess)

Blend it all up in a blender or food processor. I ate some at room temp but I don't think I'd heat it up (now that the leftovers are in the fridge). It's really good! I'm not sure about the consistency. It sticks to the chip just fine but I expected it to be thicker. Maybe I added too much of my salsa "juice" when I added the salsa or something. I don't think I'd try to change it for next time though. It tastes so good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment