Pages

Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Making a Bag

I am in the middle of a couple projects right now but I wanted to blog about making a bag for my reusable pads. Right now, I am using a ziploc for my dirty pads but that seems to defeat the purpose so I am in the process of making a bag that will be able to hold the dirty pads and have a divider in the middle so I can have some clean ones in there too (and this way they won't touch or get mixed up). I'm pretty excited about it and my mother in law is helping me because she is experienced and I am not at all. This will also be my first zipper! Of course, I will post pictures when I'm done but it's going to be a bit because my next step is to attach the zipper and my sewing machine doesn't have a zipper pedal. I do have the choice to buy one but she (my MIL) already owns on and I would need her help anyway so we will have to find a time to get together. It's gorgeous fabric on the outside (a geometric paisley, colorful) and a pink polyester satin on the inside. The zipper is black. The bag is 8 by 5 and modeled after a bag I already own but has a different purpose. I'm so excited! Once I have my bag, I will be more inclined to make more pads. I only have two so far and of course they're my first ones so they're more prototypes than anything. But I have some ideas for new ones (and can post those too if people are interested). I love sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment