Pages

Friday, April 5, 2013

BLT pasta

Since I don't eat bacon and I used spinach instead, this pasta should really be called FST pasta but that doesn't sound as nice. I've been having a lot of "blt"s lately because tomatoes are finally in season. I was getting tired of having the regular old sandwiches day after day so I started doing wraps instead. That also got old pretty quick but I still had ingredients to use up so I decided to make a pasta dish out of it. I kind of threw it together last minute so my measurements are kind of vague.

1/2 box of pasta (I used multi-grain rotini)
1 hot house tomoato (or any tomato of your choice, just make sure you have enough of it)
2 cups of spinach (I would've used more but it didn't fit in my pan right away)
3 tablespoons mayo something (I actually used light miracle whip)
spices to taste (I used dill and paprika, about a half tablespoon of each)
3 slices of veggie bacon (or whatever bacon you prefer)

Make your pasta according to the directions, rinsing with cold water at the end. In a pan over medium heat, cook your spinach down until it wilty. Chop up your tomato and mix it (especially the juice too) with the mayo and spices. Cook your bacon and cut into pieces. Combine all and eat! This serves about 3 people but you could easily double it.

It definitely is not the same as having a BLT toasted sandwich but it still has all the BLT flavor without the same boring part. It even tastes great cold the next day too (or if you don't want to serve it right away).

No comments:

Post a Comment