Pages

Monday, April 29, 2013

Garage Sales, Flea Market, Farmer's Market

This weekend seemed to kick off garage sale season and I couldn't be happier. I love garage sales! Sometimes, you'll find the one that is ALL baby things (which will be nice when I actually want to buy baby things but that's not yet). David and I got a lot of cool stuff this weekend. We broke out the grill and realized we didn't have any grill utensils and we found them at a garage sale last minute. A church near us had a garage sale where everything you could fit in a paper bag was a dollar (for the whole bag). That was REALLY nice. You can't beat those prices. Some garage sales are overpriced but for the most part, they are a great way to get the things you need (or want) at a great deal. Some of it seems brand new!

Garage sales seem like a perfect way to get out and enjoy the weather. But if you walk to one, be sure you can carry whatever you buy home. I will admit that sometimes David and I will take the car because we are going to garage sales on opposite ends of our city but we walk to the close ones.

Our city's flea market is going to open in a few months too and that's definitely fun. I can get books for ten cents each! Plus, with the flea market comes the farmer's market! Well, actually I think the farmer's market comes first but that is also a great place to buy produce. Sometimes it's cheaper than the grocery stores. Sometimes it isn't.

So great weather brings great things! I can't wait to go back out shopping next weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment