Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

Breadmakers!

Back in May or June of last year (before the wedding), David and I bought a breadmaker from Goodwill. It was only 5 dollars (new ones are 60 or more) and we just hoped it worked. It didn't come with a manual but it looked like the same model as the one David's mom has. We FINALLY used it this weekend and wished we had sooner! Breadmakers are SO easy to use. The manuals (available on online) come with recipes and all you have to do is measure out the ingredients, put them in the maker in order, and hit start. It's THAT easy. It does take several hours to make but you don't have to mix the dough yourself, you don't have to wait for the bread to rise (well sort of, since the machine does it), you don't have to knead the bread yourself. You plug it in, hit start, and in about 3 hours you'll have amazing fresh baked bread. I love white bread (and we didn't have wheat flour) so that's what we made. Fresh baked bread is SO much better than store bought plus with the maker, it's so easy. Breadmakers can make other things too like dough for pretzels or bagels or rolls and biscuits. I'm not sure I'm going to stop buying store bread and just use the breadmaker or not. I feel like I eat more bread when it's fresh so I'd have to make some like every other day just to keep up! I will be making it more often though. I still can't get over how easy it is to make! It's almost impossible to mess up. Plus, the clean up of the machine is so easy. It's not dishwasher safe and you shouldn't immerse it in water but if you just take a wet rag, everything comes right out. Plus when you take the bread out, there is hardly any residue left to begin with. I'm looking forward to buying other types of flour and things to make different breads to find out which ones I like the best. I love homemade bread!

No comments:

Post a Comment