Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Today is One Bad Day

It's only 9:30 in the morning (although I've been awake for four hours now) and this day is turning out to be absolutely awful. So warning: Big rant ahead!
Reasons why today just flat out sucks:

1. It's April 11th (basically the middle of April) and it's SNOWING, not just flurries but big big snowflakes coming down at a rate of two inches an hour (literally, google told me so)! It started out as rain last night so this morning when my husband asked if he should work from home because of the conditions, I said no (there was no snow on the ground), that it was just rain. (This will bring me to 2 in a minute). About a half hour after he left, it turned to a mix and now it's just snowing. I guess the upside is we were supposed to get 15 inches and now we're only supposed to get 12 (a full foot). So we get this really nice 40-50 degree weather for about a week and a half but mother nature takes it back. Remind me why I live in the midwest again?

2. When the weather is bad or things like that, David can work at home (it's pretty much if he can't get to the office but he's not on his deathbed either). Well, since I was too stupid to check the weather (other than looking out the window), it took him 3 hours to get to work this morning. Plus, I will jump at every chance I get (although not today apparently) for him to stay home, even if it means he's working all day. It'll probably take him 3 hours to get home either (that isn't even an exaggeration. It normally takes him 50 minutes to an hour and this morning was literally 3 hours. There were a couple other days like that during winter too.)

3. My oatmeal has decided that it can't be cooked with milk, only water so it just overflows in the microwave. If I stop and start it so it won't do it, it messes with the cook time too much and the oatmeal tastes raw. Just another mess to clean, which brings me to 4.

4. I know this is going to sound dumb but I have never figured out the contraption built into our garbage can designed to keep the bag up. This means that it's my husband's job to put a new bag in (he's the one who takes out the garbage anyway). Well, he forgot to put a new bag in this morning (because, see 5) so I don't get to throw anything away today. I cleaned up an oatmeal mess and I have nowhere to put it.

5. We bought a water filter system last night. It attaches to the faucet. We had one before but we couldn't find filters for it so we bought a new one (which is like the same price as a filter anyway). Ignoring the garbage, he saw the filter had to be installed so he installed that. He's normally very  handy around the house and can do pretty much anything but our faucet leaks. If you turn the filter on, it sprays at you. Then, it leaks out the sprayer too so it's just wasting a lot of water and not much makes it into the cup (if you're going to drink it). So I have no water now either unless I go all the way upstairs to the bathroom (our downstairs bathroom sink has been ordered but is not here yet).

6. We gave Cocoa a metal cup (one of those office ones you put pens and pencils in) filled with hay because she needed a new toy and lately has been chewing on her cage a lot (also metal). She dumped all the hay out and has since eaten it but she has discovered that if she flings the cup around, it'll make a *ping* noise (like metal does) every time it hits something. This is her new favorite game. She hits it on everything. Her cage, her fence, boxes,...everything. It's kind of annoying, especially when she plays it in the middle of the night (I woke up at least 3 times last night because of this and we are on a separate floor from her) or for 2 hours straight (like she did this morning. Okay maybe she took a five minute break in there but it was a LONG time.)

So as you see, I have dumb reasons but I am just fed up with April 11th. Too bad I'm too lazy to use this pent up energy to clean or get stuff done around here...(sorry this post got so long).

No comments:

Post a Comment