Pages

Friday, April 12, 2013

Cooking Fish

A while ago, I bought an 11 pound bag of pollock (white fish) because it was a good deal. I had never cooked anything like this before but have since cooked it several different ways. Last week, I made a lemon pepper rub that would've turned out okay if I had forgotten to turn my oven from preheat to bake (I do this all the time and always burn the top of whatever I'm making.) Last night, I adapted a recipe I found online and sauteed my leftover tomato with some onion and added Italian seasoning. Then I spread it out over the fish in a baking pan. This turned out pretty good. No matter what toppings you put on your fish, you always bake it (if you 're cooking it by baking) at 350 degrees for 20 minutes (or until flaky). You can bread it, you can marinade it, you can cook it plain.  You put whatever ingredients you want on top and bake. A homemade, somewhat healthy (depending on what you put on top) meal ready in 20 minutes. I always serve it with a baked potato and a side of vegetables. It couldn't be easier which is why I've been making this a lot for my "no processed food" dinners. I suppose the butter I put on the potato counts as processed and my seasonings are dried so that could count but I'm not going to be that picky.

No comments:

Post a Comment