Pages

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Disinfecting

I have a cleaning schedule that allows me to clean the entire (finished part) house in a week. Because I don't do all my dusting in one day or all my cleaning hard surfaces in one day, I end up doing a lot of deep cleaning every day in specific rooms. A very important part of this is disinfecting. I'm not a clean freak but I understand the importance of cleaning things that are easily forgotten. I take a disinfecting wipe and just swipe it across everything on the list for that day. Then I take other cleaners (usually vinegar and water or some other homemade concoction) and clean everything else. You can find the list of easy to forget places  under the cleaning tab.

However, I don't disinfect countertops or cooking utensils or anything like that. I know the Clorox (or some other popular disinfecting brand) commercials tell you everything you should disinfect and some of them are just sort of crazy to me. I suppose I might be more careful about it once I had kids but even so, some exposure to germs is good. By no means am I saying keep your house dirty so your kids are healthy. I just mean you can go overboard about it.

So head on over to my cleaning tab and see if you are forgetting anything to disinfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment