Pages

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Make Your Own Bagels

I give my husband a bagel for breakfast every morning. Bagels aren't exactly costly but they aren't exactly healthy either. I have considered waking up earlier so he can eat breakfast at home instead of on the road but we already get up at 5:30 as it is (well, he does. I usually go back to sleep after he leaves but lately I have been trying to stay up so I can get more done in a day.) I wonder if I start making my own bagels if it will make them anymore healthy because I can control what goes in them and I wonder if it would be cheaper. I've heard it's really easy to do and the ingredients are probably fairly common (and cheap. Baking type ingredients go on sale a lot plus aren't that expensive to begin with.) I have found a couple recipes online but people seem to either think they're great or they're just a big awful mess so I may have to do some experimenting on my own. If any of you guys have any suggestions, I'd love to hear them otherwise I'll let you guys know what I figure out!

No comments:

Post a Comment